NFT Update: Magic Eden embraces Bitcoin, Sony files a patent, plus top NFT sales
1 min read · 22 Mar 2023
Magic Eden x Bitcoin, courtesy of Magic Eden.
1. Magic Eden has launched a Bitcoin-based NFT marketplace.
2. Crypto exchange Bitget has invested $30m for a controlling stake in crypto wallet BitKeep, which is now valued at $300m.
3. French luxury fashion house Balmain has released a collection of 130 sneaker NFTs that are paired with a matching physical version.
4. Sony has filed a patent to allow transfers of NFTs between different games and consoles.
5. Korean gaming giant Nexon is partnering with Polygon to develop blockchain-based games.
6. Unstoppable Domains is launching a Web3 messaging platform, Unstoppable Messaging.
The Top 3 NFT Sales over the past 24 hours were Otherdeed #2118 for 208 ETH ($376K), Otherdeed #99728 for 115 ETH ($207K), and CryptoPunk #4699 for 90 ETH ($162K).
The Top 3 NFT Collections by Volume over the past 24 hours were CryptoPunks with $8m (-61%), Pudgy Penguins with $4m (+156%), and Azuki with $3.6m (+23%).
The Top 3 NFT Marketplaces by Volume over the past 24 hours were Blur with $36.4m (-18%), OpenSea with $8.7m (-15%), and X2Y2 with $2.4m (+106%).
The Total Crypto Market Capitalisation is $1.23t, a 0.7% increase over the past 24 hours.